Friday, May 11, 2012

A TRIP TO REMEMBER

Coron, Palawan, Philippines (God’s Wonderful Artwork)
I was in grade school when I created my first ever artwork or I should say a child’s masterpiece.
I was just a timid girl, seven years of age, when I discovered my deepest passion: the ARTS. I have to give the credit of this to Walt Disney because of his popular mouse, Mickey Mouse who became my first ever model. Mickey, standing proudly with his image printed on my coin bank had awakened my young artistic mind. Since then, I accepted the fact that indeed, I am really an artist by heart and was born for the ARTS.
Well, judging from the quality of my artwork, I can say that I still don’t belong to the best of the best (just aspiring to be one of them). I think there still a long way for me to go, and the journey in reaching the pedestals of the famous artists that I admire (Leonardo Da Vinci and Vincent Van Gogh) is still far at this moment. Base from the skill that I have, I don’t think I can even pass as their apprentice for now. Perhaps I’ll pass in the future? Who knows? We’ll see.


LEONARDO DA VINCI (Source: http://www.google.com/)

 VINCENT VAN GOGH ( (Source: http://www.google.com/)
I can draw decently I guess, especially if it’s a portrait of my celebrity crush (James Younghusband . . . giggle . . .*wink*) or my favorite movie characters ( Legolas and Edward Cullen).


 JAMES YOUNGHUSBAND




                     LEGOLAS                                                                   EDWARD CULLEN

I think I can paint nicely but not that impressive.
I have no sample to show here because I had given away all my paintings to special people on their special day. I just hope they love it as a gift from me, because my heart goes with each painting.
In painting, my favorite subject is NATURE especially the waters: Falls, Streams, Lake, River, Sea and Ocean. I just love to gaze upon the flowing wonders of the element WATER.
And yes, this element had amazed me more when I had this unforgettable trip just recently with my friends (April 13-15, 2012) to one of the most sought after tourist destination in the Philippines: Coron, Palawan. The astonishing scenery had left its mark on me. Literally, the astounding view of the islands took my breath away.



“Wow!!! Sobrang ganda!!! Grabe!!!” This statement in Filipino which means “The place is so beautiful” is what I exclaim repeatedly (with an animated facial expression) whenever we got off to each island during the entire exploration.
In the middle of this enchantment, my mind is processing an idea of transferring the magnificence of the island to a canvas.
Then subconsciously, I realized that I’m actually part of a great canvas, a remarkable artwork called the universe. And this island or the islands in Coron, Palawan which had captivated my soul are all part of God’s detailed masterpiece. God almighty, the Greatest Artist of all time created this glorious place.
Genesis 1:1, 9-12
New International Version (NIV)
The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.
11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.




I viewed the place exactly as how God sees it upon creation.
The way I describe it might be an exaggeration of what others might say. You can’t blame me. I had fallen in-love with it. I over appreciated it. Anyway, the experience made me really feel like I had just gone through the “Lost Paradise” and I think it’s not lost anymore because I found it already.
The perfect blend of the natural elements revealed the mighty hands of its Creator. However, technically God did not use His hands to come up with this fantastic design. He is so powerful that a declaration of His Words, without complexity, had made this place came to life.
1.       The mix of the warm breeze and the cool touch of the wind can refresh any soul or any living thing in existence.
2.       The bright sunshine, illuminates the majestic color of the sea, capturing the earthly green trees with huge rock formations stand in awe of God most high.
3.       The stunning and colorful sea creature dances under the translucent water as the birds sing the melody of praise to the Lord as they fly across the sky.
Genesis 1:20-22
New International Version (NIV)
20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.”





Whoaahhh!!! Amazingly artistic!!! Surreal!!!
God used SCULPTURE – molding the soil and the rocks, becoming an asymmetric design that pleases the eyes.
God used PAINTING – blending the colors of each element to come up with the perfect shade of everything.
God used MUSIC – producing songs of the birds as they fill the place with the spirit of peace and calmness.
God used POETRY – His Words that joined everything in existence is already the best example of poetry.





I just can’t get enough of it. Artist or not, surely no one can resists the splendor that surrounds the island. You can say I’m just over reacting but I urge you to see it for yourself. Even if I go there many times, my reaction will always be the same. I just hope that the place will be preserved so that the future generation will have the chance to see and experience the fascination that I myself experienced. This wonderful artwork of God bestows His true identity. God, who is seated in majesty, is the sole Creator of the universe. He is the Beginning and the End.

Psalm 24:1-2

New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 24

Of David. A psalm.

1 The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it,
    the world, and all who live in it;
2 for he founded it on the seas
    and established it on the waters.



What more I can say? This island adventure was worth all the travel hours and the uncomfortable heat of summer. Beyond doubt, this is what I can call A TRIP TO REMEMBER. . .
So what are you waiting for?
Don’t miss the opportunity people.
Pack up and go!
Just be safe will you?
See Ya!!! Have a delightful trip!!!

(Special thanks to Owners of the Island Photos: Anne Bautista, Khalil Mariano, Blue Sison and Elpi Pariñas)

*ACEMIT* 05/10/2012



















No comments:

Post a Comment