When you found yourself in the middle of a life and death situation, you'll begin to realize so many things:
1. Life is not a choice it is a chance.
2. Worrying will not help you live.
3. Time is a gift.
4. Love gives you hope.
5. You are not in control.
6. You are not as great as you think.
7. Hate will just wear you out.
8. Happiness is temporary but joyfulness is lasting.
9. The future is uncertain.
10. You plan to fail. God plans to prosper.
Those are just 10 things I can describe based on my personal thoughts and experience.
Let me explain further.
Number 1: Life is not a choice it is a chance - Yes I know most of you will have your own argument that life is a choice. I used to believe that too. This choice might refer to the decisions you make in life, but not life itself. Because you can never choose your life eventhough you thought how well you laid out your plan. At the end of the day everything is a chance of survival. Every morning I wake up, I become more grateful to God that I'm alive. Every second that I breathe I praise the Lord that I can still do this. Yes, life is a chance given by the one who holds it. . . God.
Number 2: Worrying will not help you live - When you worry will it add more days to your life? No. It will just rob you the opportunity to accept that something more powerful than your situation do exists. You just need to recognize that. That power is the saving grace of God.
Number 3: Time is a gift - Every moment you spend with your loved ones are precious. It is special that it cannot be taken away from you. But what's more special is the gift of time that you can share with your heavenly Father. The more you spend time with the presence of God the more you can feel the joy deeply rooted within your heart.
Number 4: Love gives you hope - Knowing that you are loved more than what you expect is truly overwhelming. It makes you want to fight and not give up in the midst of adversity.
Number 5: You are not in control - You think you can make things move on your own? You're wrong. No matter what you do there are things that will escape, things that can never be within your reach. Because God holds everything and only He can control all things.
Number 6: You are not as great as you think - The best, the strongest, you can overpower others because you think you can do better. Then all of a sudden your capabilities are not useful anymore to get you out of your weakest pathetic self. Because you are not great. You can't do everything. Your abilities are limited. Learn to depend on others and most especially learn to depend on God who has limitless power.
Number 7: Hate will just wear you out - Life is too short to bear grudges. Hating will only increase your burden. Learn to forgive and you will feel at peace. Let go of anger and let God be the judge of one's character.
Number 8: Happiness is temporary but joyfulness is lasting - Happiness is what you feel when you get what you want and what you need. Material things like gadgets, achievements like recognition and promotion, relationships, good times, these things in life gives you happiness. What if everything else were gone will you still be happy? Joyfulness is different. It gives you more. It is something that still resides within your heart even if it seems you lost everything. Joy comes from the Lord, it is lasting, rather it's eternal.
Number 9: The future is uncertain - Everything is fixed. You have a good job, your finances seem secure, you are about to start your own family. Then everything changes in a blink of an eye. Your security for your future suddenly crumbles. The future is uncertain you cannot just place your security on certain things. You have to place your security on God. In God, everything is certain even your future.
Number 10: You plan to fail. God plans to prosper - Have you noticed? Most of the time no matter how you plan there are just certain things that can ruin the steps that you are about to take. Human plans are imperfect most are bound to fail, but one plan will rise up above all, the perfect plan of God. His plan is to prosper you, to give you hope and a future.
Realizations, all will hit you hard when you came and found yourself in the middle of nowhere.
In the middle of nowhere, I found myself. I found nothing, I lost everything. I walk in circles then I halted, because in darkness a bright light is shining. In the middle of nowhere I found Him who suffered and died at the cross for me, for you and for the whole mankind. In the middle of nowhere I found hope, I found love, I found peace, I found God.
Where can I go? Nowhere but to you God.
Psalms 139:7-14 ESV "Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night," even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."
1. Life is not a choice it is a chance.
2. Worrying will not help you live.
3. Time is a gift.
4. Love gives you hope.
5. You are not in control.
6. You are not as great as you think.
7. Hate will just wear you out.
8. Happiness is temporary but joyfulness is lasting.
9. The future is uncertain.
10. You plan to fail. God plans to prosper.
Those are just 10 things I can describe based on my personal thoughts and experience.
Let me explain further.
Number 1: Life is not a choice it is a chance - Yes I know most of you will have your own argument that life is a choice. I used to believe that too. This choice might refer to the decisions you make in life, but not life itself. Because you can never choose your life eventhough you thought how well you laid out your plan. At the end of the day everything is a chance of survival. Every morning I wake up, I become more grateful to God that I'm alive. Every second that I breathe I praise the Lord that I can still do this. Yes, life is a chance given by the one who holds it. . . God.
Number 2: Worrying will not help you live - When you worry will it add more days to your life? No. It will just rob you the opportunity to accept that something more powerful than your situation do exists. You just need to recognize that. That power is the saving grace of God.
Number 3: Time is a gift - Every moment you spend with your loved ones are precious. It is special that it cannot be taken away from you. But what's more special is the gift of time that you can share with your heavenly Father. The more you spend time with the presence of God the more you can feel the joy deeply rooted within your heart.
Number 4: Love gives you hope - Knowing that you are loved more than what you expect is truly overwhelming. It makes you want to fight and not give up in the midst of adversity.
Number 5: You are not in control - You think you can make things move on your own? You're wrong. No matter what you do there are things that will escape, things that can never be within your reach. Because God holds everything and only He can control all things.
Number 6: You are not as great as you think - The best, the strongest, you can overpower others because you think you can do better. Then all of a sudden your capabilities are not useful anymore to get you out of your weakest pathetic self. Because you are not great. You can't do everything. Your abilities are limited. Learn to depend on others and most especially learn to depend on God who has limitless power.
Number 7: Hate will just wear you out - Life is too short to bear grudges. Hating will only increase your burden. Learn to forgive and you will feel at peace. Let go of anger and let God be the judge of one's character.
Number 8: Happiness is temporary but joyfulness is lasting - Happiness is what you feel when you get what you want and what you need. Material things like gadgets, achievements like recognition and promotion, relationships, good times, these things in life gives you happiness. What if everything else were gone will you still be happy? Joyfulness is different. It gives you more. It is something that still resides within your heart even if it seems you lost everything. Joy comes from the Lord, it is lasting, rather it's eternal.
Number 9: The future is uncertain - Everything is fixed. You have a good job, your finances seem secure, you are about to start your own family. Then everything changes in a blink of an eye. Your security for your future suddenly crumbles. The future is uncertain you cannot just place your security on certain things. You have to place your security on God. In God, everything is certain even your future.
Number 10: You plan to fail. God plans to prosper - Have you noticed? Most of the time no matter how you plan there are just certain things that can ruin the steps that you are about to take. Human plans are imperfect most are bound to fail, but one plan will rise up above all, the perfect plan of God. His plan is to prosper you, to give you hope and a future.
Realizations, all will hit you hard when you came and found yourself in the middle of nowhere.
In the middle of nowhere, I found myself. I found nothing, I lost everything. I walk in circles then I halted, because in darkness a bright light is shining. In the middle of nowhere I found Him who suffered and died at the cross for me, for you and for the whole mankind. In the middle of nowhere I found hope, I found love, I found peace, I found God.
Where can I go? Nowhere but to you God.
Psalms 139:7-14 ESV "Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night," even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."
No comments:
Post a Comment