Sunday, July 5, 2015

OF STORIES AND DREAMS. . . I AM WHO AM AND WHAT I WANT TO BE

It's quite interesting how our fascination takes us to places within our imagination. Our mind somehow translate it into sparkling ideas beyond our comprehensive way of thinking and finally make it into a concrete train of thoughts called STORY.

A story that transforms into a DREAM and later a reality.

My mind is somewhat full of narratives and I tried to express it in many ways that I can.

I started my pursuit when I was 7 years old, I became so engrossed with the picturesque effect of the images around me. I wanted to make a story out from it so I created my own version of those visuals, seriously did some drawings with the help of my precious pencil. I came to take the ARTS by heart and I thought it had become my way of conveying stories of friendship, family, love and even my wildest dreams in life.

I discovered another key to the world of stories when I was in my 5th grade. My teacher told me to pursue writing. She believed that when I grow up I'll become a good novelist. I have not really listened to her back then. But somehow I took her advice when I reached high school.

It was during high school when I started writing poems and short stories. The mystery and excitement with those phrases and lines that I cannot proclaim drive me to write my own feelings. I even become a huge fan of Mr. Shakespeare, although his works are far more difficult for a high schooler like me then to understand. But it was just so great really. I had become passionate about LITERATURE for such a long time and of course until now.

Somehow I felt like there's still a missing element in my stories. I need to add some flavor. But how? I create mine the way I see it, the way I read it. . . So what's missing?

Suddenly a wave of beautiful sound flows in the air. It's been there all along. How wonderful it is that I just closed my eyes to listen. I learned that music indeed adds flavor to every scene. It can reveal captivating pieces of emotion. Slowly my whole being coincides with music day by day.

Time pass by, I still continue making stories in many ways that I can. I finished highschool, I've gone to college, I started working but I did not abandon those expressions.

Have you wonder what I had become, considering my statements above? Oh, I actually became an Engineer. Yes it is, I pursued a different path. But that's another story. SCIENCE might had been a strong influence. What do you think?

I have said a lot. . . about stories and stuff. But what I want to leave behind is this. . . LIFE is composed of many different stories, but it all comes down to your choice on what things or ways to embrace so you can identify the person that you are. Know your dreams and do not be afraid to act on it.

I have chosen mine. I have chosen much. But that's who I am and what I want to be. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment